Local Biodiversity Action Plan Partnerships
There are eight county level Local Biodiversity Action Plan (LBAP) Partnerships that cover the SE of England. The partnerships are each managed by a local steering group and are supporting by a LBAP Coordinator. These partnerhsips and the work of the Coordinator provides the essential link between the regional strategy and the delivery on the ground.
All the LBAP Partnerships listed below have signed up to the South East Biodiversity Strategy and agreed to the following key areas of work:
- LBAP Partnerships will identify and agree maintenance, restoration and creation targets for Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) habitats within their county. These will be the local contribution to the regional and national targets.
- A proportion of the habitat targets will be associated with specific named Biodiversity Opportunity Areas (BOAs) resulting in focused delivery of maintenance, restoration and creation targets.
- The LBAPs will use the BOA map to prioritise areas for action and will actively promote and engage in the delivery of BAP objectives and targets within BOAs.
- LBAPs will monitor the delivery of BAP targets and objectives within BOAs, including the role of partner organisations and projects annually.
- Where appropriate, LBAPs will identify leads (individuals or organisations) to oversee and promote delivery within BOAs - this role may not be needed in all areas. Taking a lead role involves putting in place and managing the partnership to deliver BAP targets within that BOA, it does not involve taking responsibility for delivery of BAP targets.
- Not all habitats, species or areas of LBAPs work will be best delivered through the BOA approach; LBAP partnerships should recognise where this is the case and put in place alternative delivery mechanisms.
Please contact the LBAP coordinators listed below for more information on the work going on in each area.
Links to the eight county LBAPs in the South East
|County||LBAP Coordinator||LBAP Partnership|
|Berkshire||Kelly Thomas||Berkshire Nature Conservation Forum|
|Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes||Jez Elkin||Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Biodiversity Partnership|
|Hampshire||Jacklyn Johnston||Hampshire Biodiversity Partnership|
|Isle of Wight||Tina Whitmore|| Go Wild on Wight
|Kent and Medway||William Moreno||Kent Biodiversity Partnership|
|Oxfordshire||Neil Rowntree||Oxfordshire Nature Conservation Forum|
|Surrey||Sue Webber||Surrey Biodiversity Partnership|
|Sussex||Laurie Jackson||Sussex Biodiversity Partnership|
Local sign up for Local Biodiversity Action Plan Partnerships is in development